Applying for the Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Housing Choice Voucher Waiting list opened April 1, 2020
Instructions below are only for when the Waiting List open is open.
To apply for the Housing Choice Voucher Program Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program, please contact the Application Technician at the Jonesboro Housing Authority by calling (870) 336-9612. You can also pick up an application from our office at 330 Union Jonesboro, Arkansas.
We require the following information on applications:
- Name, sex, date of birth and relationship to the head of household of all persons who will be living in the housing.
- Address and phone number.
- Any family characteristics (disability, veteran status, etc.) which might further qualify you for a voucher.
- An estimate of your income for the next twelve (12) months, and the sources of that income.
- Contact information for employers, banks and other sources of information to verify your financial situation.
The Jonesboro Housing Authority administers several rental assistance programs, designed to provide low-income families, the elderly, the handicapped and the disable with safe, sanitary and affordable housing. On the application you can choose to apply for one or all forms of assistance in which you meet the guidelines. Once your application is received, you will be placed on the waiting list by date, time and eligible preference.
The Housing Authority will make contact by mail. If your mailing address changes you MUST contact the Housing Authority to complete a change of address form. Failure to keep your mailing address updated may result in the your application being file inactive if the Housing Authority receives returned mail that cannot be forwarded.
If you or anyone in your family is a person with disabilities, and you require a specific accommodation in order to participate in the application process for the Housing Choice Voucher program, please contact the housing authority at (870) 336-9612.
Total Views 13,442 , Today's Views 14