EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
In case of a MAINTENANCE EMERGENCY after regular working hours, call the following numbers in the order listed below. THE FIRST TWO (2) NUMBERS ARE FOR THE MAINTENANCE STAFF MEMBER ON CALL AND SHOULD BE CALLED FIRST. Please do not call the other staff members unless you can’t reach the first two numbers.
- (870) 974-3991 (Maintenance Member On Call)
- (870) 974-3992 (Maintenance Emergencies ONLY)
THESE NUMBERS ARE MAINTENANCE EMERGENCIES ONLY!!!
Maintenance emergencies are those that CANNOT wait until the next working day. IF YOU CALL, AND IT IS NOT AN EMERGENCY, YOU WILL BE CHARGED!!!
DURING REGULAR WORKING HOURS, PLEASE CALL (870) 336-9617.
IF YOU SMELL GAS
Report a Gas Leak: 800-992-7552 . You may call the emergency maintenance phone AFTER you call 800-992-7552!
- Don’t turn on any switches, including light switches. Turn off the oven and don’t light anything, like matches or cigarettes.
- Ventilate the house
- Get everyone out of the house
In the event that you have any type of emergency where you would need the POLICE or an AMBULANCE, call 911 EMERGENCY NUMBER. Be prepared to give them the exact location where they are needed (for example: 603 A-1 E. Alpine). Remember, it is very important that you give the dispatcher the complete address and phone number that you are calling from in order for them to call you back if they have a problem finding the address. Again, let me stress, IN ORDER TO GET THE POLICE OR AN AMBULANCE, PLEASE FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING THREE STEPS:
- CALL 9-1-1
- GIVE EXACT ADDRESS WHERE NEEDED
- GIVE A CALL BACK TELEPHONE NUMBER
EMERGENCY WORK ORDERS
In order to ensure that all work orders are handled in a prompt and timely manner, the following policy has been adopted by the Jonesboro Housing Authority to handle work orders.
- All work or repairs to apartments will be handled through work orders that have been telephoned to the Housing Authority Office at (870) 336-9617 during regularly scheduled work hours (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Thursday). Maintenance personnel are not authorized to work without a work order unless there is an emergency. Only emergency work orders will be taken from 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays until 8:00 a.m. on Mondays.
- EMERGENCIES are classified as the following:
- Main line water leaks/overflows- No leaking/dripping faucets
- Water heater leaks or overflows
- Air conditioner leaks if serious
- Sewer back-ups
- Stopped-up commodes if you only have one (1)
- Pilot lights out in furnace (WINTER ONLY)
- Air conditioner out (HOT WEATHER ONLY)
- Frozen water lines
- All electricity off in apartment for no known reason (CHECK BREAKERS AND WITH NEIGHBORS BEFORE CALLING)
- Refrigerator has completely stopped cooling or freezing
- Windows broken out or doors busted in so that they cannot be secured (Not just cracked windows)
- Natural disasters
- Residents who experience a maintenance problem after regular working hours should make a careful determination as to if the situation is truly an emergency before calling. If it is something that can wait until the next regular working day, please do so.
- The staff will promptly respond to all emergency calls without charge. However, there will be a $25.00 service charge for any and all after-hour calls that are not truly emergencies. All residents should, therefore, be sure the situation is an emergency that cannot wait until the next working day.
Total Views 8,935 , Today's Views 18