The Jonesboro Urban Renewal & Housing Authority (JURHA) is monitoring the current viral outbreak formally known as the Coronavirus, now known as the Covid 19. This is a constantly changing situation that we are taking very seriously. We have developed a Response Plan in the event this health crisis impact delivery of services to the residents and participants of our housing programs.
Information concerning the virus that can be found at the following websites:
The Center for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov
The Arkansas Center for Disease Control: www.healthy.arkansas.gov/
The World Health Organization: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
The National Institutes of Health: www.nih.gov/health-information/coronavirus
Effective March 1, 2023 the JURHA office will be opened for appointments. JURHA will continue to allow pick up and drop off of forms. The lobby will still have forms which can be obtain from a rack and a drop-off box to return forms.
You can contact the HCV Receptionist to make an appointment at (870) 336-9601 in lieu of drop off; however, this could result in a delay.
EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2023 JURHA WILL OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING PROTOCOLS FOR ALL IN OFFICE APPOINTMENTS TO MINIMIZE THE STAFF’S EXPOSURE TO COVID 19:
Prior to admitting clients(s) into the office, each client’s temperature will be taken (stand alone thermometer at each window, conference room will be in place). No one with a temperature greater or equal to 100 degrees will be allowed to keep their appointment. Your appointment will be reschedule.
Adult Head of Household and Adult members only will be allowed in the office with the exception for clients who need assistance from another adult member and/or an interpreter.
Children or other members must remain in the lobby with adult supervision (each case-worker will be responsible for notifying their clients prior to an appointment and enforcing).
Case-worker/manager(s) who conducts face-to-face interviews may use a plex-glass screen.
Masks will not be enforced, however, will be made available for anyone wishing to use a mask during their appointment(s).
All JURHA employees are encouraged to wear a mask when meeting with their clients but masks are not required.
Utilizing the above perimeters, the following policy will be applied to so all clients are treated fairly and equally.
- Annual reexamination – Requires an appointment unless requests a Reasonable Accommodation for phone appointment. Streamlined annuals do not need appointment see policy below.
PHA will conduct a “streamlined reexamination” on all elderly or disable families when 100 percent of the family’s income consists of fixed income. Streamlined reexaminations will be conducted by mail. Families must return documents in packet within 14 days of receiving the streamlined packet. The family will be required to make an appointment if family circumstances change and their income if not 100 percent fixed.
- Request for tenancy approval packets- Allow drop off or make appointment if requested. PHA may also require an appointment if the paperwork is not completed.
- Interim calculation including zero income – Allow drop off or make appointment if requested. Caseworker must be able to talk to client by phone if they can’t be reached PHA will make an appointment.
- Port in – Requires an appointment unless requests a Reasonable Accommodation for phone appointment.
- Port out or 30 days’ notice – Allow drop off or make appointment if requested.
- Add an adult member – Requires an appointment unless requests a Reasonable Accommodation for phone appointment.
- Add a child – Drop off or make appointment if requested.
- Remove member – Allow drop off or make appointment if requested.
- Section 8 update to determine eligibility – Need appointment unless requests a Reasonable Accommodation for phone appointment.
- New waiting list application – Allow drop off or make an appointment if requested.
- Move-ins – Public Housing by appointment.
- Backrent or rent payments – cash or money order can be paid in office. Money order can be mailed.
Housing Choice Voucher Forms: Additional forms available in the Housing Authorities Lobby
- How to Report an Income Decrease
- How to Report an Income Increase
- Housing Choice Voucher Notice to Vacate
- Request to Move Through Portability
Public Housing Forms:
- Report Change in Income, Deductions, or Occupancy
- Public Housing Notice to Vacate for Move out Notice
- Craighead Place Notice to Vacate for Move out Notice
The PDF forms on this site require PDF Viewing Software. Most web browsers will work, ie: Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari & Edge. However we recommend Adobe Reader which you can find here: Adobe Reader