JURHA Annual Plan News Ticker

The Public Housing Rules and Regulations can be found in the RULES section of this website. Please read over the rules carefully. Because we cover many things when you are getting ready to move into an apartment, we provide you with this information and checklist to help you keep track of the things you must do before you move in.

  1. First, you must pay the required SECURITY DEPOSIT. This must be done in order to hold the apartment for you. You will be given a date at which this must be done by.
  2. The following verifications need to be returned to our office no later than the specified date. We must have these by that date in order to get your file figured.
    1. Favorable Criminal Record
    2. CWL Proof of Electricity in YOUR NAME
    3. Centerpoint Energy Proof of Gas in YOUR NAME
    4. Last 6 months bank statement
    5. Social Security Card
    6. Birth Certificate
    7. Employment Verification
    8. Landlord Reference
    9. OTHER (We will inform you of any other information we need.)

    NOTE: If unfavorable Criminal Record or Landlord Reference is discovered, offer will be void, even if security deposit has been paid. SECURITY DEPOSIT WILL BE REFUNDED AFTER VOIDED OFFER.

  3. You must make arrangements with the utility companies to have utilities put into your name before you come for your move-in appointment. The security deposit required by CWL is $150.00 for an all-electric unit (Cayman Villa and Woodland Court). The security deposit required by CWL is $100.00 for an electric and gas unit. For Centerpoint Energy (Gas company), there is usually a $75.00 deposit, unless a person has a bad payment history with them. It could be greater. The above deposits are the deposits for persons who have never had utilities in their name. If you have had utilities in your name, the payment will be more/less, depending on your past payment record with the utility company. Check with the utility companies to find out exactly what deposits that you would have to pay. Remember, you must have made arrangements to have the utilities turned on in your name before you come for your move-in appointment. You must bring us a receipt showing that you have done this.
  4. We will do our best to schedule your move-in appointment at a time that is convenient for you. You will need to come to our office at 330 Union for this appointment. At that time, you will need to sign the necessary papers. All adults over the age of 18 living in the apartment must sign the papers. If you have not already inspected the ready apartment with a housing authority staff member, you will be required to meet one of our employees at the apartment to do an inspection. You will not be given the keys to the apartment until the inspection is complete and all papers are signed. You should allow an hour for the move-in process. It is very important that you be on time for this appointment as we may have others scheduled. If, for some reason, you decide not to move in, please call us as soon as possible.
  5. Your new address will be given to you. If you have any questions, please call us at (870) 336-9618.
I understand that before moving in, I must:
  1. Have a favorable criminal record for each adult over age 18.
  2. Have a favorable landlord reference from most recent residence or two if under one year at present residence.
  3. Pay security deposit.
  4. Pay move-in rent, if applicable.
  5. Have utilities turned on in tenant's name.